Sunday, April 26, 2015

Christmas cards #2

Here are 2 more cards from my Christmas card tutorial with Justine Hovey, the Twilight Stamper.
#christmascardtutorials2015 
We worked on distressing for week 2. 
I used CTMH chocolate cardstock for the bases of my cards. The patterned paper is from  My Minds Eye Vintage Christmas paper pack that I purchased from Michaels. I distressed the pattern paper with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink. I think I should have distressed it more. You can hardly tell. I used April Stamp of the Month for the typewriter, C1510 for Merry & Bright and C1557 for the friendship sentiment.Used memento ink to stamp the typewriter and sentiments. 
I used Ruby and Ponderosa Pine for the background of the small strip across card. Glitter gems and bitty sparkles for one card and a retired embellishment and a straight pin with a couple beads for the other.



The tag was a bonus tutorial Justine used distress paint but I do not have any so I stamped some honey, topiary, pear and cranberry inks from CTMH and then sprayed them with water and then dragged the tag that was cut out from the Artiste cartridge through until the tag was completely covered.  I cut out a border from Artbooking, holiday cheer is from C1481 and the large embellishment is from a stash of stickers I have. I need to do some practicing with this technique but I enjoyed doing the cards and the tag.



If you are interested in any of the Close to My Heart products please go to my OBA  corinnamurphy.ctmh.com and check out all the great supplies you can use to preserve memories.



















No comments:

Post a Comment